Wednesday, October 21, 2015

I wouldn't call it a book ban....

We have been together for about a month now. For the first month, I was letting anything go for reading (within reason of course!). However, it is time for us to get serious and so some deep thinking about our reading. Therefore, I have asked students to no longer read Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Big Nate, and other graphic novels without a continuous plot throughout the book. After we talked about it during reading class, the students understood and jumped onboard.

I am also asking students to finish a book a week (or week and a half). Therefore, it would be helpful if students read the same book at school and at home. This will also help them for 5th grade, bring home work and returning it to school the next day. Please be sure to contact me with any questions/comments regarding our new class reading policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment